Saturday, January 26, 2013

lets get organized!! The Home Office pt. 2

 So, here we go with Step 2: Papers, Sorting, and Purging! This will seriously make you feel so much better!

So, this is awful but here is a good portion of the papers I had accumulated. Drawers, bags, even the laundry basket! I camped out on my bed, put a movie on, and got to it.

I didn't get any pictures of the actual sorting but it is very straightforward. I made 3 piles, Toss, Receipts, and Keep. I made a separate pile for the receipts because I am also revamping my whole budget/receipt system. You don't have to make the same piles, just whatever helps you get through your stack.

I want to stop for a moment and give a shout out to one of my favorite most motivating and inspiring blogs, A Bowl Full Of Lemons! I have come across a ton of great resources thanks to Pinterest, but she has seriously helped in getting my rear in gear when it comes to shaping up my home.

Now, who would have guessed the biggest pile was the receipts? I would! It was seriously a mountain! Which brings me to my next project, dealing with the vicious receipt cycle once and for all! And I think I have! Only time will tell, but this method seems awesome and has worked great so far. Click How to Organize Your Receipts to see what I followed. Below is my beautifully finished boxes with all receipts in their proper place. Happy me!


So the paper is finally under control! I had organized my filing cabinet a year ago so thankfully that was ready for all the papers I had to file. I was able to throw out a lot and with my new organizers I made spots for the miscellaneous stuff. So this leads me to Step 3: Putting everything in its place. A.K.A. The finished product!!

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment