Thursday, May 31, 2012

crockpot BBQ chicken/cookie 'N cream oreo fudge brownies

I never ever ever thought I would be able to make BBQ chicken. Certainly not yummy BBQ chicken sandwiches (one of my favorite foods!!) but…miracles DO happen and I did!! The original recipe wasn't shredded, but we were having friends over and rather than buy more chicken, I shredded it and made sandwiches. And I'm so glad I did too!

I don't have pictures of the chicken but at least you can get the gist of what I did. Did I mention this was super easy?! Changes, as always, are in red.


Ingredients
4-6 pieces boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle BBQ sauce (18oz) I probably used 17 oz, but I doubt it matters too much
¼ cup vinegar I didn't use quite as much vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes I couldn't find flakes so I got crushed red pepper and used about a 1/2 teaspoon
¼ cup brown sugar
½-1 tsp garlic powder I love garlic, so a full tsp. went in


mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients (minus the chicken)


Place chicken (frozen or thawed, I put it in frozen) in the crock pot. Pour sauce over it. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours. Done :). I took mine out about 4 1/2 hours, shredded it, and put it back in for another half an hour. It turned out great!! Serve on a bun with some french fries on the side and you have an yummy family dinner that feeds plenty :).



I also tried another new recipe last week for Memorial Day....Cookies 'N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies. Yep, that's what I said. Sadly, I didn't get any good pics of this one either but I will still give you the how-to and then you can make your own ooey-gooey yummy goodness.


Ingredients 
Brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli because it had CHOCOLATE CHIPS in it!)
Eggs and oil (as called for by Brownie mix)
1 heaping 1/2 cup (6oz) of Cookies and Cream ice cream
1/4 cup Hot Fudge topping
Oreos


Preheat oven (according to brownie box) and generously spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray.

 Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed by box but DO NOT add water.
Add ice cream and hot fudge to batter and stir to combine.


Pour half the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter.

Cookies and Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies Recipe

Mmmmm.....it turned out fabulous!!
And it was a good thing I made 2 batches because
there was nothing left when the picnic was over :).

Cookies and Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies Recipe
Until next time....



2 comments:

  1. I love your simple, delicious recipes. I def just saved both of those because I know Aaron will love them & I'm sure I will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Simple is right! And so yummy! Enjoy making them, especially the Oreo brownies :).

    ReplyDelete