Thursday, May 10, 2012

Laundry Room redo-Project #1

So, who could of bet I would have started organizing my laundry room with a chart project? Well let me tell you, it was sooo super easy and basically free that I had to start with this! Now I have to admit, I got this idea from someone else and like usual, tweaked it to suit my needs. This is how 5ohwifey did it.....



She used it as a weekly to-do schedule. I wanted something to keep track of my laundry mess. Like I said in my last post, I want to complete a load of laundry everyday. Keeping a schedule will help me do that because I love to check things off, maybe some of you are like that too. Oh and making a schedule cute helps even more :)!

This is how mine turned out....

I basically had everything on hand. The frame, the scrapbook paper, and the Modge Podge. I found the letter stickers and glitter on clearance at Michaels. If you wanted to do it the simplest way, you would just use the frame and scrapbook paper. I had extra paper and since I liked it so much, I Modge Podged the frame. The original blogger just wrote the days of the week with a marker on the paper, but I can't STAND my handwriting...LOATHE would be a good way to describe the way I feel about. So I used stickers and glitter which turned out great. Below are pics of the project....

Materials
1-Frame

2-Paper

3-A cute helper :)

I simply cut the paper into 4x6 picture sizes

Then I put the paper in all the frames, ta da!

Some of the "extras" I did was Modge Podging the frame and using double-sided stickers with glitter for the days of the week.

I'm clearly not good at keeping things straight, but it is still a thousand times better than my handwriting.



I also already had a dry-erase marker, score! 
I just wrote down the laundry I wanted done on that day and put the date in the corner. When the load is complete I will wipe off the date and hopefully by Saturday, all the dates will be cleared and ready for next week :). Super, super excited about this!! Until next time.... 








2 comments: